Thursday 5 April 2007

Yes Jesus Wuvs Me....

Yesterday was a busy day. My husband and I were taking a quick breather, before we started to get all the kids and dogs ready for homechurch. Our sweet baby girl came into the room struggling to drag her big sister's bible case behind her. "My bible" she told us. "I weed it" she said. With determination, she proceeded to sit down and open up the pink case. As she turned the pages I said to her "What does it say?" "Jesus" she said without hesitation. "You read it mommy." I read her a couple lines and told her it says, "Jesus loves you." She nodded. Then she started to nod her head and sing. "Yes, Jesus wuvs me." At the sound of her sweet voice my eyes filled with tears. She only knows one line of that children's hymn but she knows it well. At 20 months, she may not be able to read God's word herself but even at her young age, she knows that God gave us the bible so that she could read that Jesus loves her. My prayer is that all of our children will know the importance of God's word and how He uses it to reveal Himself to us. Psalm 78:4 says, " We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about his power and his mighty wonders. I think I will go and find my sweet baby, read her a story from her big sister's pink bible and tell her about how much God loves her. Maybe she will even sing for me.

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet!! I love you T.J., always have, always will. I love what you write Mom, so keep it up.

    ReplyDelete