Monday 16 April 2007

I'll Be There!

"You can do no great things. Just small things with great love." Mother Teresa

Has God ever given you an assignment that is so out of your comfort zone that you wonder if you got the message wrong somehow? Have you ever argued with Him that He must be mistaken? That He must have meant to ask someone who had different gifts from you? Someone who had more time and/or energy? Someone who you thought could do the assignment much better than you could?

I have asked those questions on more than one occasion. I am so glad that my God is patient. Since He is omniscient, He knows that I am going to ask questions, make excuses and argue logical reasons on why this assignment for me does not make sense. Yet He does not give up on me. He still gives me the task He intends for me to have.

Why am I writing all this? Well, it is only few days before our Spring Retreat. This is about the time I start to panic and go over with God again all the reasons why someone else should lead worship. Don't get me wrong. I love to worship. I love it when it is loud, I love it when it is quiet. I love when I am worshipping on my own just me and Jesus and I love when I am surrounded by other's and our voices are lifted in praise. But I am not a musician and so when it comes to organizing chord charts and a band I am hopeless. Don't even get me started on the tech stuff that you need in order for people to see words on a screen or hear the music so they can worship along. So right about the time I start to really go off the deep end I try to remember that what God has asked me to do is show up. What He is going to do is meet me there. Yeah God! I can't wait to see you in Niagara Falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment