Tuesday 10 April 2007

Jibbitz and the King of Kings


Today is my eldest daughter's ninth birthday. As I watched her yesterday at her party I was struck by how grown up she is becoming. She really is a sweetie pie if I do say so myself. She has the best smile and yesterday like most days she was full of smiles. I bought her a special present. It was a Jibbitz. Now, unless you are a girl about the age of my daughter you are probably asking yourself what is a Jibbitz? Well, they are decorations for Crocs shoewear. They fit in the holes that are on top of the shoe. You can decorate your Crocs with all kinds of Jibbitz. They have flowers, sports icons, animals and school themes etc. So now that we are all up on the preteen craze I will get back to the story.

I gave her a Jibbitz. It was a crown. Not just any any crown but a crown to remind her of who she is and whose she is. She is a princess and she is loved by the King Most High. We talked about how the crown symbolizes her rights and responsibility as a princess of the King. We talked about when you love the King with all your heart you get to accept His free gift of the keys to His Kingdom. We talked about how every princess has a responsibility to be a great ambassador for the Kingdom and most importantly the King. And finally we talked about where ever you go as a princess you need to tell others about the great King that you know.

Some days life even in grade three can be tough. If my daughter is having one of those days and she is tempted to stare at her feet she will see her Jibbitz crown and be reminded to look up to the King of Kings that loves her and calls her princess.

Happy Birthday Sweetie!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Your are a great example of a godly mother. I am proud of you. And ya know what? It ministered to me. We all need to remember who we are in Christ.

    Princess Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me who I belong to. God has given you a precious gift...
    Love Princess Wheezy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom! You are the best Mom I could ever have and am glad that God gave me to you and that you chose me. A person who makes more mistakes than you can count over and over, yet you continue to love your smiley, silly, weird daughter. I love you so much and love the Jibbitz that you gave me. I will look back at this and be reminded how much I am loved by you, and how much I mean to the King of the most high.

    ReplyDelete