Wednesday 16 December 2009

Third Wednesday of Advent - Isaiah's Call & Mission

















Isaiah 6:1-8 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Isaiah 6

Isaiah's Call and Mission
 1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a high and lofty throne, and His robe filled the temple. 2 Seraphim were standing above Him; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called to another:
    Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of Hosts;
    His glory fills the whole earth.    4 The foundations of the doorways shook at the sound of their voices, and the temple was filled with smoke.
    5 Then I said:
    Woe is me, for I am ruined,
    because I am a man of unclean lips
    and live among a people of unclean lips,
    [and] because my eyes have seen the King,
    the LORD of Hosts.
    6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, and in his hand was a glowing coal that he had taken from the altar with tongs. 7 He touched my mouth [with it] and said:
    Now that this has touched your lips,
    your wickedness is removed,
    and your sin is atoned for.
    8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying:
    Who should I send?
    Who will go for Us?
    I said:
    Here I am. Send me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment