Tuesday 20 May 2008

Another Year Older - Things I have Learned

The rain was coming down softly and steadily on the roof of the cabin. I lay awake for a while wondering what time it was and if anyone else was up yet. I think I have said before that I love rain. It helps me think and this particular morning I had lots to think about. As I lay in bed, listening to rain I wondered if I felt older. More importantly did I feel wiser? What exactly have I learned after 38 years on this earth, 10 years of marriage, 5 kids and 2 dogs?


#5. I have learned that my kids do not actually want more things, they want more time with me. To pray for them more and worry about what I can't give them less.

#4. I have learned to marry your best friend, who also loves Jesus and he will know you like no one else on this earth.

#3. I have learned more about myself, life, and being successful from the treasures of wisdom the bible teaches me everyday. I could never read it or pray through it's contents enough.

#2. There are only two things that last eternally, God and people. Life flies by and can change in an instant. I want to invest the time I have been given in things that last.

#1. There is nothing in this life more exciting, more life changing or more important than walking with someone as they give their life to Christ and watching Him redeem their life.

As I look back, I am able to see God's redemption, His faithfulness, His mercy, His patience, His wisdom and His grace all over the last 38 years. I have witnessed His amazing miracles in beautiful unassuming moments that remind me that only the true God of the universe would reveal Himself in such a way. Unlike us, He has nothing to prove. He has already proved it all with ultimate gift of His Son Jesus. I pray that as I look forward to another year or more on this earth, that I never forget His ways are different from ours and that there is nothing more urgent than my relationship with His son Jesus.

Happy Birthday to me.

3 comments:

  1. KIM. Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear kimberly
    Happy birthday to you..

    yes i actually sang this aloud as i typed it hehe.. I hope you had an amazing birthday..
    love yah,
    tay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday my dear friend. I just now saw your comment on my site. I miss you guys so much!
    Tim had a blast with Jason. It's funny that Liam still misses Nick, 'cause every so often Nick is bemoaning the fact that we never get to see Liam. Do you do Facebook? I've found it to be such a good way to stay in touch! Sign up- or do something boring like call me and we'll set up a time.

    Aileen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and so does Taylar that you should get on Facebook! Love you, April

    ReplyDelete