The weather today is finally feeling more like November. Today's recipe is a great side dish on these cool and crisp fall evenings.
Roasted Root Vegetables
• 1 T olive oil
• 1 red onion, sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
• 2 carrots, peeled and diced
• 1 turnip, peeled and diced
• 1 yam or sweet potato, peeled and diced
• 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
• 1 t dried rosemary
• 1 t dried thyme
• 1 pinch salt
• 1/2 t black pepper
• 1 T balsamic vinegar, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; toss to combine. Place mixture on a sheet pan. Bake 30 minutes, turning vegetables every 10 minutes until vegetables are tender and slightly browned. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving.
Makes approximately 8 servings.