Friday 27 November 2009

Free Recipe Friday - Make Ahead Dishes

Now that the Christmas Season is upon us time is often short for everyone.  In order to help keep the stress down in our house I spend a couple of afternoons making extra meals and freezing them.  This way when I come home late and I don't have time to cook my family can enjoy a delicious homemade meal and I am not pulling out my hair!    Another way to accomplish this is to double your favourite dinner recipe and freeze half of it for another time.  Believe me you will be so relieved when you are able to just pull something healthy and delicious out of your freezer.   Sorry I don't have a photo for this.  My family ate it all up before I had a chance to get out the camera!

Cheesy Chicken Packets
This recipe makes 12 servings.
 
Ingredients:
2 cups Bread Crumbs
1 cup Grated Chedder Cheese
2 tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
12 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 cup melted Butter

Serving Day:
4 Tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese

Assembly Directions:
Mix together bread crumbs, cheeses, salt and pepper.  Dip chicken pieces in melted butter, then in cheese mixture.  Tuck sides of chicken breasts under to form individual bundles.

Freezing Directions:
Wrap each bundle in plastic wrap then place in freezer bags.

Serving Directions:
Remove each chicken packet from the plastic.  Thaw and place chicken in large, shallow baking dish.  Melt remaining T of butter and pour over the bundles.  Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees approximately 1 hour until chicken is crispy.  Goes great with a side dish of rice and a salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment