Friday 2 October 2009

Free Recipe Friday - Zippy Artichoke and Red Pepper Dip

It is that time of the week again.  Free recipe Friday.  I thought for this week I would post an appetizer recipe.   With the fall season comes the start of the hockey season - Go Leafs!  I know, I know some of you are avid football fans but in this house hockey rules!  One thing that I think we can all agree on is that a good game needs a good snack.  This easy dip fits the bill.  Even if you aren't into watching sports try this appetizer out the next time you have friends over or use it as an excuse to have friends over.  I usually try to keep the ingredients on hand as it is fast to make in a pinch if someone stops by.  My good friend Cheri thinks I should bottle this dip and she often reminds me that I haven't made it for her lately (hence no photo sorry).  So Cheri this recipe is for you!  I promise to make it soon.

Zippy Artichoke and Red Pepper Dip

8 oz (250 g) Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
½ Cup (125 ml) Mayonnaise
6 oz Jar of Marinated Artichoke hearts, Drained & Chopped
6 oz Jar of Sweet Roasted Red Peppers (or use homemade roasted peppers)
2 Green Onions, chopped
1 Tsp Lemon juice
2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tsp Franks Red Hot Sauce
2 Tbsp of Black Olives Sliced (optional)

Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth.  Add Mayo, and beat again until well blended.  Fold in the remaining ingredients.  Serve with your favourite crackers, toasted baguette or pita crisps.

Have a super weekend and check back soon for my final post of our Thirty Days of Nothing challenge.

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering my friend for this delicious dish you make so wonderfully. Thanks again for the recipe...I shall be making it - but not until YOU make it and invite me for snacks and fellowship...!! I am slow reading this week - and this was something that just made my day - your recipe and your beautiful blog.xxoo

    ReplyDelete