Friday 27 July 2007

The Fresh Start of Today

The summer is flying by and it has been just over a week since I posted my thoughts. Life at the McGibbon house has been a bit crazier than usual so my blogging time was taken over by the pressures of life with lots of kids. We are getting ready to leave for family camp at Ryerson (http://www.ryersoncamp.com/ ) on Sunday afternoon for about five days. Jason and I will have a chance to lead the adult sessions everyday and we will be looking at Ephesians 1:1-14. I can't wait. I am sure there will be lots to share about upon our return.


As I write this morning, the sound and smell of fresh rain is filling my family room. It is washing away the old and ushering in a fresh new start. All is quiet and the kids are still sleeping. Well, for now at least!

I love this time of day when I get up before everyone else. I have my coffee (Timmy's of course!) and read my bible and journal my thoughts and pray. I thank God for the gift of a new day. For the opportunity to start fresh, to readjust my will to His and to take time to be thankful for all the blessings He has given. Every morning I have this short but very sweet time to take stock, to take a deep breath and to be grateful that I am once again given the fresh start of Today.

Today, I have the opportunity to thank God for the gift of His Son more often. Today, I have the chance to teach my children more about His love. Today, I have the prospect of living a day of worship with every choice. Today, I will be given occasions to love my husband the way Christ intended. Today, I have the possibility to proclaim His Kingdom to my circle of influence. Today, I have the ability to make choices that shine His light into my community. Today, I can live my life for Jesus and not for myself. The opportunities are endless with what I can do with the fresh start of today.

1 comment:

  1. The funny things rain can do. I too had one of those days - but I had timmi's tea....! I love hearing what's going on with you daily. Have a blast while you are away....

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete